His Holiness, Pope Francis I appearing for the first time after his election as the 266th Successor of St. Peter, Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Rome. Photo credit: Photo by Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images
OUR NEW POPE IS TALL AND SLENDER LIKE THE YOUNG VEN. POPE PIUS XII, AT THE SIDE VIEW HE LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO VEN. POPE PAUL VI, HE SMILES LIKE THE SERVANT OF GOD POPE JOHN PAUL I, HE IS SO SIMPLE LIKE BLESSED JOHN XXIII AND HE HAS THE ANGELIC FACE OF BLESSED POPE JOHN PAUL THE GREAT. A Jesuit intellectual but not a traitor to the Moral Teachings of the Church unlike Tabora and Bernas.. and he is against Liberation Theology which is Communistic. Instead, he prefers Franciscan Spirituality of simplicity, humility and service to the poor. A BUILDER OF THE CHURCH AND NOT A TRAITOR TO THE CHURCH. A MAN OF OBVIOUS GOODNESS AND HOLINESS. – Fr. Abe
The Coat of Arms of Pope Francis I as the Archbishop of Buenos Aires, Argentina. His Episcopal Motto is very revealing: MISERANDO ATQUE ELIGENDO [LOWLY BUT CHOSEN]. From Wikipedia
Posted by Taylor Marshall
- Pope Francis, Jorge Bergoglio, was born in Buenos Aires, one of the five children of an Italian railway worker and his wife.
- He’s a Jesuit. The first Jesuit Pope ever.
- Pope Francis is known for his humility, doctrinal conservatism, defender of the Church’s moral theology, and a commitment to social justice.
- He has been critical of liberation theology.
- He is close to Comunione e Liberazione.
- He has opposed legislation introduced in 2010 by the Argentine Government to allow same-sex marriage.
- In Argentina, he has been accused by anti-clericalists as being “medieval” (another good sign).
- Pope John Paul II made him a cardinal in 2001.
- He has served on the Congregation of Clergy, Congregation of Divine Worship and Sacraments, Congregation of Institutes of Consecrated Life, the Congregation of Societies of Apostolic Life, and the Commission on Latin American and the Family Council.
- He was concurrently named ordinary for Eastern Catholics in Argentina, who lacked their own prelate. So he can, presumably, celebrate the Divine Liturgy of Saint John Chrysostom.
ADDED BY FR. ABE:
- HE RIDES THE BUS IN GOING TO WORK DAILY LIKE CARDINAL RATZINGER.
- HE COOKS HIS OWN FOOD. [Para sa Ateistang Pulpol]
- HE REFUSED TO LIVE IN THE APOSTOLIC PALACE BUT CHOSE TO LIVE IN SIMPLE APARTMENT.
- HE DECLARED: “Abortion is the Death Penalty for the Unborn”
THE SYMBOL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVING HOPE AND JOY TO THE WAITING WORLD EXPECTING A NEW SUCCESSOR OF ST. PETER… BEFORE THE WHITE SMOKE EVER APPEARED ON THE CHIMNEY OF THE SISTINE CHAPEL THIS BEAUTIFUL BIRD HOPPED AND STAYED OVER THE CHIMNEY SIGNALLING THE BLESSING AND GRACE THAT WILL BE DECLARED SOON. INDEED, THE NEW POPE WHO CAME OUT NAMED HIMSELF: POPE FRANCIS I, after the great ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI who is famous for his love of BIRDS. Mere coincidence or a sign from on High? VIVA EL PAPA FRANCESCO PRIMERO!
HIS FIRST MESSAGE DURING THE ‘URBI ET ORBI”
VATICAN CITY, March 13, 2013 (Zenit.org) – Here is a translation of the brief greeting Pope Francis gave from the central balcony of St. Peter’s Square following his election as the Successor of St. Peter.
* * *
Brothers and sisters, good evening!
You know that the duty of the Conclave was to give a bishop to Rome. It seems as though my brother cardinals went almost to the end of the world to get him. But here we are. I thank you for your welcome. The diocesan community of Rome has a bishop. Thank you!
Before all else, I would like to say a prayer for our Bishop Emeritus Benedict XVI. Let us all pray together for him, that the Lord may bless him and that Our Lady may watch over him …
[Our Father … Hail Mary … Glory be]
And now let us begin this journey, [together] as bishop and people. This journey of the Church of Rome, which is to preside over all the Churches in charity. It is a journey of fraternity, of love, of trust between us. Let us always pray for one another. Let us pray for the world, so that a great brotherhood may be created. I hope that this journey of the Church, which we begin today and in which my Cardinal Vicar who is present here will assist me, will be fruitful for the Evangelization of this beautiful city.
And now I would like to give you my blessing. But before I do, I would like to ask you a favor: before the bishop blesses the people, I ask you to pray to the Lord that He bless me…. the prayer of the people for a blessing upon their bishop. Let us take a moment of silence for you to offer your prayer for me.”
[Silence … the Holy Father bows]
[Cardinal N. says … “The Holy Father, Francesco …”]
“Now I will give you my blessing and to the whole world, to all men and women of good will.”
Brothers and Sisters,
I leave you now. Thank you for your welcome. Pray for me. And we’ll see one another again soon. Tomorrow I want to go and pray to Our Lady, asking her to watch over Rome. Good night and have a good rest.